QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"You and I are such similar creatures, Vivian. We both screw people for money"

-Edward Lewis
~Richard Gere in Pretty Woman

Sunday, December 24, 2017

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

Only one more day until Christmas! I am going to burst with all this holiday cheer! There is so much happening in a short period of time! I wish I had Clarence as my guardian angel to guide me through the rough times of the holiday season. With that being said, I am glad to announce that the next movie on my list is "It’s a Wonderful Life".

As we wander through the life of George Bailey (James Stewart), we see his life did not turn out exactly how he expected. All the plans he made for himself got lost in situations that required more immediate attention, leaving George to believe the life he planned out was not worth living.  
When Clarence (Henry Travers) is sent from Heaven to help George get through rough times, he shows George how life would have turned out if he was never born.

I have had several people recommend this movie and since I have never seen it, I had no idea what I was in for. Well, let's just say I started watching it at around 11 PM and ended around 2 AM ugly crying in my bed and wanting to call my mom to thank her for giving me life. That is how beautiful “It’s a Wonderful Life” was. You, at one point or another, have impacted someone’s life in a positive way that not even you realize it at that moment. Your life has more meaning behind it than you give yourself credit for.
I honestly think the reason this movie had so much impact was that it does not only show you how George Bailey is feeling currently but, It takes you through his entire life and every decision he made to end up where he is. James Stewart was phenomenal and so was Donna Reed. “It’s a Wonderful Life” is based on the short story ‘The Greatest Gift’ written by Philip Van Doren Stern. If I could go back in time and shake Mr. Stern’s hand, I would. That is how highly I thought of this movie. My next adventure would definitely be reading ‘The Greatest Gift’.

I HIGHLY and I mean HIGHLY recommend this movie to everyone. Even though it is a Christmas movie, it is a movie that can be watched when you're feeling down in the dumps. It will easily liven your spirits.

9 Guardian Angels out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment