QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"You and I are such similar creatures, Vivian. We both screw people for money"

-Edward Lewis
~Richard Gere in Pretty Woman

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Home Alone (1990)

Since I did a drive from New Jersey to Florida, I was unable to update my movie review yesterday. Hope I am forgiven! I will double up today to make up for it! Hope you all enjoy!

This movie blows my mind sometimes. I could not go to the corner without my parents knowing exactly where I was, so how do you forget your child at home while on a trip, no less?
On the real, this movie is actually really damn funny and cute.

When Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin) accidentally gets left at home during Christmas, he must fend off some burglars that have targeted his house. 

Even though, Macaulay Culkin has been a piece of work growing up, he was a fucking awesome child actor. I do not think there is one Macaulay movie that is not good. Home Alone really kicked off his career. Working alongside actors like Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern, there is no way this movie was going to be bad from the start. Seriously, the shit that Kevin McCallister puts Harry and Marv through is extremely entertaining. For example: when Marv gets electrocuted, I almost chocked on my soda. It is definitely a movie that both kids and adults will enjoy.

While the story line does have some plot holes, hey, what movies do not? I do have to say, overall, the story is pretty damn original. 

8 hot irons and feathers out of 10

Love,
Jennifer 



No comments:

Post a Comment