QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"You and I are such similar creatures, Vivian. We both screw people for money"

-Edward Lewis
~Richard Gere in Pretty Woman

Sunday, December 17, 2017

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)

I was so excited to watch this movie. Why? BECAUSE IT’S MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE OF ALL TIME. This movie makes me so happy. It is fun and cute. Besides, Jim Carrey is in it! Any movie with Jim Carrey is always better. You hear that Jim! I am a huge fan.
    
This adaption of Dr. Seuss’s beloved story is by far one of the better adaptations out there. While I do and will always believe that Dr. Seuss’s stories should stay as stories, we can’t control Hollywood. So, when Hollywood drops a movie I’m there to watch and let you all know how I feel. This one won my heart because not only is it a good movie it has a GREAT soundtrack. Come on, Faith Hill singing Where are you Christmas is so beautiful. Again, I know this movie has bad reviews out there and like I said a large part has to do with people not wanting Hollywood to destroy Dr. Seuss.
   
On the outskirts of Whoville, on top of Mount Crumpit, lives a green creature that the Whos' couldn't stomach.(OMG I’M FUCKING RHYMING) He was angry and sad all balled into one, so he thought he would wreak havoc, then laugh about what was done. (i CAN’T STOP IT!) As Christmas came close as it does every year, this year appears different as the holiday came near. (I BETTER NOT GET STUCK SPEAKING IN RHYME) Cindy Lou Who (Taylor Momsen) was not scared of the Grinch (Jim Carrey) that everyone fears, She thought he was lonely or so it appeared. ( I’M STARTING TO PANIC) She invites him to Christmas so he can see, that Christmas means more than presents and glee. (AHHHHHHHHH).
    
Well, that was completely exhausting. As you can see (from my beautiful poem above) this movie is really sweet and shows that Christmas is a time of year when we can put our differences aside and love and respect one another- I have already stated this in a couple of times before.  I watch this movie religiously every year. In all honesty, I don't know who could have played the Grinch better than Jim Carrey. He was witty and funny while still being clean (it's a kids movie at the end of the day).  He was the reason the movie did so well. His improvisation skills while staying to true to the character was awesome. I could be biased right now, you know, because I love Jim, but I don't think you'll be disappointed if you watch this movie. Also, I believe (you are more than free to disagree with me) this is one of the most quotable Christmas movies of all time. I can relate to the Grinch on so many levels (he is one of my spirit animals). 
   
I highly recommend this movie to everyone out there that wants a fun, family-friendly Christmas movie that isn’t the same story over and over.

6 one-antlered reindeer out of 10

Side Note:  I just want to let you all know that even though I am biased to certain movies or genres, I do give credit where credit is due. With that being said, if I like a movie but I know it's not a great movie, I am very fair with the reviews and ratings or I try my best to be. Again, this is for fun. So comment on what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment